* Brian A. Stumm [2003-09-12 20:34]:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Kevin Gerry wrote:
>
> > No, Fileplanet didn't do that...
> >
> > It was Valve that actually did it... Who knows why ^^
>
> well whatever, the file was made available for direct download and since
> the steam servers are so damned overloaded it makes sense and I'm just
> trying to let some of you know because my steam download is well
> underway and I want you all to SHUT OFF your steam so I can get more
> bandwidth LOL.

The problem is when did they create the file because there has already
been at least two updates released.  One of them caused the client to shit
it self and force you to reinstall - which I started over two hours ago.
It is STILL sitting there right after I entered my cd key (screen shots
avail to anyone from valve who cares).

As for bandwidth .. don't even go there heh.  I have hldsl seeded now if
anyone still needs it (hlds + cs .. sorry, tiz all I could get .. steam
keeps resetting my connection ever few min).

If someone can grab that file (the client), I'll make a torrent of it too.