On Saturday 13 September 2003 11:06, Daniel Stroven wrote:
> --
> Server-Side
>
> 1.)How to banid with steam?
> 2.)DOD needs better fix than using 1.0 .so file.
> 3.)Seen several crashes just running vanilla hl/cs.

for (1) i'm using AMX (0.9.6F) which works fine (here anyway YMMV). For
banning by rcon I think the easiest way is to use the user id, rcon
banid <time> #<userid> (and writeid of course) this worked ok for
banning VALVEID's (DoD retail users) pre-steam.

DoD definately needs some work, a FATAL error does rather imply that the
testing was, shall we say, inadequate? It would also be nice if cfg
files were excluded from updates, the DoD update nuked autoexec.cfg and
ALL of the <mapname>.cfg files, (just as well I updated a copy of the
HL/DoD tree).

Not had any crashes yet (but then havnt had too many players to test
with yet either).