I was concerned about the CPU usage on these new binaries for steam after
all I've read and noticed I'd type: stats and then found out - that is
reporting my client stats - not the server - which of course is way
higher... Using the current Steam binaries - I can load a 16 player server
(TFC) and the CPU will never go over 30% - most the time it stays around 0.0
to 3.0% but notice more memory use.
I'm using Redhat 8
Linux version 2.4.20-19.9 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc
version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red H
at Linux 3.2.2-5)) #1 Tue Jul 15 17:18:13 EDT 2003

Intel MB / CPU 2.0ghz    /  1 gig ddram  (single CPU)

I can compare my TOP vs. rcon stats and they are matching - what threw me
off was just typing : stats in console while ingame and seeing that high
80-90% CPU - which in fact is the clients CPU %.

This performance is better than the servers running 3111d on Intel CPUs.
However the AMD CPUs (2800+) run awesome with 3111d - pretty equal to what
I'm seeing with the current release of steam.

Also note - I have not tweaked anything with kernels, etc - I'd screw it up!
I just keep the system up2date  :P (I know people hate it - but its nice
when you're in a hurry)

There's my info.