From: "Frank Stollar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 18 September 2003 17:29
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] cstrike server for class A network

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

The definition of LAN game has not changed. All clients that match the
servers ip with netmask 255.255.255.0 are allowed into a LAN game.

Sorry Alfred that's definitly not correct. We are running a few CS servers for a large dormitory in Munich with 2500+ users. As they are running with the IP 10.150.127.30 and sv_lan 1, all user with 10.x.x.x are able to join them. For example 10.149.x.x which is definitly no 255.255.255.0 mask. Please recheck your code. By the way, if you would change this to another behavior and regrett it to a Class C (new meaning), many large LANs cannot host a HL Server anymore like we do permanently.

cheers
Frank

-- With regards,

Say_Ten

================================================ This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone
(023) 8024 3137
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]