Daniel Stroven wrote:

This is all I was
trying to argue last night, but James and Daniel
aren't even open to the possibility that the numbers
are even remotely innacurate

Yes, I know, I'm sorry, names often get mixed up my head as do the words I'm trying to get out, very frustrating :-/

you mean james and brian.  I was the first to dispute the numbers and
mention security issues with going back to such an old kernel.

Yes very sorry, your completely right. I apologize.

I just disagree in an agreeable manner.  With testing and my opinions.  Im
not trying to insult anyone or get into an argument.  My boxes all normally
run 2.6.0-test kernels at 1000hz.  Cpu usage is high.  I think this is valve
issue mostly, but it can't hurt to test and share results between us to find
something that works as good as possible with the current usage issues.

I totally agree. I didn't take issue with him testing or retesting, all I didn't agree with was that retesting a bogus value would produce verifyable results.

-sb