I haven't tried windows on the new box, but my old thunderbird 1400 ran a 32
player server with 4.1.1.1d with better fps than a mp2800 in linux with
3.1.1.1d
Using a motherboard with amd-chipset btw, dual with 2 gig ram.

- Sindre

>===== Original Message From Russell Sobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>--
>
>How many servers do you find you can run on these boxes and how much better
>
>is the windows then linux,  also there is a big price just to the 2800 what
mb do you run.

>is the opteron out of the question or the new athlon 64 price/performance
>
>>Have a dual MP2800+ myself, with linux, unless valve get their act together,
I suggest you use windows. CPU-use in linux is sick.- Sindre>===== Original
Message From Russell Sobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====>-->[ Picked
text/plain from multipart/alternative ]>  I was trying to decide what hardware
to buy for building a new half life dedicated server box.  I was considering a
dual mp 2400 box.  Dual intel processors aren't out of the question either
though.  Any how many cs servers you can run on these 12 man privates. also
how does teh cache impact the performance i konw the 2400 only had the 256 L2
why you can pay extra and get an mp 2800 with the 512.