Hello folks,

I'd like to know if the stated hlds version still benefits from a kernel
with the config_hz=1000 option in association with the sys_ticrate
parameter. I'd also like to know how to realize this setup.

I used Redhat 8.0 and copied the i686 config file from
/usr/src/linux-2.4/configs to /usr/src/linux-2.4/.config, just like the
Appendix A from the Official Red Hat Linux Customization Guids says. I
altered the option and started menuconfig afterwards (I didn't find the
option within there).

After saving the config with menuconfig I have a .config.old and a
.config file. But they differ from ~39k (new) to ~44k (old), and the new
file doesn't contain this option anymore! Confused, can you help out?

Thanx in advance

Christoph

--
Murphy's Technology Law 34: Under the most rigorously controlled
conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity, and other