Brian A. Stumm wrote:

I will sign this petition, see below...

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Christopher Luk wrote:

lets make a clear request:

1. we appreciate those who provide contents download, ad frorm content
servers were appropriate while downloading from the providers
2. the content seems to divide into at least two parts, one from the
content servers provider, other from the game servers provider. we only
request the control of the ad while the content are downloading from the
game servers we paid for (bandwidth, rack space, man power ... etc).
either we are able to turn it off or replace with our own, some of us
are ad-free communities and some of us have sponsors.

a clear message to Valve/Steam and marketing manager of the content
servers provider:
the situations are complex but quite clear, client and game servers need
content servers to provide contents. we admint the situation that no
content servers then no game servers at all. but we should also admit
that no game servers but with tons of content servers and clients, no
one would connect to the content providers again, no marketing chances
at all. we are talking about tons of stable dedicated servers which
contribute to this communities for a few years.

chris

Brian A. Stumm - SpokaneTeamFortress.com

Christoper Luk - hklanshop.net