Marco Balle wrote:

We have some Dual AMD MP Systems. Every system has already a 2.6 kernel.
Sure I can also run much more than 72 slots on the Xeons, but not with the
HalfLife linux gameserver (bf / mohaa / ... works).
Yes, we can run on the Amd MPs a few slots more (compared on CPU speed with
Xeon), but not enough. Compare this with windows servers and you will see,
you have much more CPU usage on every linux systems.
I suggest you to read some benchmarks about Amd MP and Intel Xeon CPUs.
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/200203131/index.html

Ur a funny guy, and special, I would go calling names into people... but
since when does a AMD MP matches a Intel Xeon ? not in this world mate.
I will be calling stupid to anyone who tries to relate AMD MP with Intel
Xeon, because they are both very different. Just for you information the
MP is nothing more than a AMD XP with a couple more of routines for SMP
optimization. Xeon is much more than that, try comparing a Lusitan Horse
with a mule, it's the same kind of comparison.

nelson

-
Marco