According to the great words of Nelson Marques:
> having the idea that considering what the original subject was, guess
> to me it's still a good option, specially for shell providers, which is
> not my case.

I agree that chroot jail is a good option. I'm not trying to suggest
they shouldn't be used. What started this was the 777 permissions,
which is still a bad idea, regardless of chroot jails. To me, chroot
jails and filesystem permissions are independent layers of security;
one does not replace the other, and both should be used wherever
possible. :-)

-Mad

--
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a
proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

                – Prime Minister Jean Chrétien