Disable hyperthreading. That's a good tip ;)
Why would you use hyperthreading on non-multithreading apps ? For having
4 CPU's listed ? Bad idea.

nelson

Neil Scholten [KGN] wrote:

Hi folks!

i nearly searched the whole list about somthing usefull to tune up the
performance but didnÂt find anything that works as promised :/
our company use dual 2,667 GHz Xeon with 2GB Ram. But the CPU-Usage of
1!ONE!1 14 Slot Server eats up to 65% CPU with only standard Plugins (CD
+ CM). We use the 2.6 Kernel and tried every performance-"tweak"
mentioned
in this list but without success.

Now we think about a testrow with AMD-Systems (mp and opteron) to check
the last thing mentioned in this list we havenÂt tested yet.

Do u perhaps know any possible setting that can improve performance a
lot?

we use gentoo + 2.6.0-test9 smp, newest stable gcc, -pingboost 3
+sys_ticrate 10000.
log detailes r reduced to minimum (0).

if u have a clue, or need more informations of the system/config specs,
tell.

--

Mit freundlichen GrÃÃen

Neil Scholten

-------------------------------------
Neil Scholten
System Administrator
K-Play
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

KGN - Krawall Gaming Network GmbH
Itzbachweg 16
65510 Idstein
Germany

Telefon  : 0700-KSUPPORT (0700-57877678)
Telefax  : 0700-KSUPPORT (0700-57877678)
Krawall.de - KOINS.de - K-Play.de - K-Hardware.de - K-Files.de -
K-Foren.de - K-Syndicates.de

Mit Ãber 18 Mio. Page Impressions/Monat und rund 440.000 registrierten Usern ist Krawall eine feste GrÃÃe im Spielesegment der Onlinemagazine.

The contents of this e-mail is confidential. The copying and forwarding
to third persons is not allowed. In case you have received this e-mail
in error, we kindly ask you to destroy it and notify us correspondingly.
Thanks in advance.