Hi list,

Išve encountered what seems to be a variant of the bug that a lot of people
have been complaining about since yesterday's Steam update. I run a CS
server on a FreeBSD machine, which until last night was running Metamod
1.1.7 very nicely. After running the Steam update however, Metamod stopped

Now before you give me the defacto answer: Išve read the steampowered.com
threads as well as the list archive here, and I know that the update
replaced my liblist.gam file. I naturally went back and edited it to point
to "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so" as it should. I launched my server,
and found that Metamod was STILL not loaded.

I do NOT have -autoupdate in my command line, I have tried making
liblist.gam read-only, and I've also tried changing permissions through a
whole array of combinations.

This was baffling of course, so I tried changing the liblist.gam line to
read:

gamedll_linux "blah.so"

The server *still* loaded fine, just without Metamod. What was interesting
is that despite naming a bad library in liblist.gam, the server didn't seem
to care. So I tried removing my liblist.gam file entirely-- the server
*STILL* loaded fine!! Then I tried renaming the dlls/cstrike_i386.so file.
THAT finally made the server choke and die. So I tried matching the line in
liblist.gam to the renamed library, and that choked too.

My conclusion is that liblist.gam is now completely ignored, and HLDS will
only load the default mod library *no matter what*.

Anybody have any questions... or more importantly: suggestions?

Thanks,
--
Brian Porter
www.csreloaded.com