>you have to remember things like ongoing support etc...
You are talking about windblows ? See the recent news that
win98 is no longer being supported by MS. This was their most stable
OS and the best for gaming (imo). It will rapidly become obsolete as will
eventually all MS OSs to force you to upgrade to their latest and greatest(?),
aka another crap product that they have hacked together to get more money in Bills
pockets.

I am sure there are still a lot of people (through choice) that are running
RH 7 and lower because they still can, among other linux OSs.