-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ook
Sent: Dienstag, 6. April 2004 21:46
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] sv_downloadurl and ztmp files

What would happen if you put ztmp files in the map.res file? Would the
server download and uncompress it, or would it just transfer the ztmp
file and leave it sitting on the client? (I'm guessing it would just sit
there, compressed and unused).

sv_downloadurl is a fantastic feature, but the bandwidth that the files
consume is excessive. It would make a big (big, huge) difference if I
could compress the resources and store those on my web sites instead of
the uncompressed resources. I second this feature request - I'm sure
that Valve has heard from a lot of us that would like to see this, and I
would not be surprised to see it suddenly appear in a future weekly
update.