Well, if server crashes, you normaly run a restart script. This one renices the
process after server has been started. :)

BoNeLeSS schrieb:

Because your server may crash.

Why should i renice the process every 5 minutes?
I change the priority of the process one time and i am fine ;)

Ho Chaw Ming schrieb:

[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] SPRI

simply "renice"

the process every 5 minutes. So it's pretty much the same.

On actual usage, it can be tricky to configure. For game servers, lowering the priority can mean that a server has to wait longer for information to be processed and introduce lag to your game servers.

On top of that, if a game servers demand more processing

cycles (example if you set x number of game servers on the same priority level) than what the CPU can offer, renicing it won't help at all despite it being processed first.

In short, it's not a solution at all usually for the CPU

issues for CS.