From: Matt White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 3:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Servers (don't) show up in server list

The problem surely with the latency listing is that who do you take the
latency from. I know that when im browsing for servers there are ones
that I ping /get a low latency for and my friends who live close get a
massive latency and cant play on the server due to choke and loss. I
know the current system is wrong but the latency will depend on the
route taken from the server to the clients.

I can however see the merits of it because I always sort my server list
by latency and when I see the map I want I go for it and join in. I hope
that valve can sort this out because im sure there are some really low
latency/ping high last octet servers out there sitting empty because of
this fact.

LETS HAVE A FIX!

Regards,

Matt White