----Original Message----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy
Shinn Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 8:15 PM To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] HLDS on
FreeBSD?

Hi Micheal,

Is there anything else you have done to get hlds_source to run on
FreeBSD 4.10?

I'm running current 4-STABLE (4.10) with linux_base-8-8.0_4 and the
linproc mounted and running. This is the error I get (which is what I
also got when the beta was first released):

-bash-2.05b$ ./srcds_run -game cstrike -debug Auto detecting CPU
Using Pentium III Optimised binary.
Enabling debug mode
Auto-restarting the server on crash
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
cat: hlds.67785.pid: No such file or directory Deprecated bfd_read
called at

/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/../../../../contrib/gdb/gdb/dwarf2read
.c

line 3049 in dwarf2_read_section

Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader. /lib/libm.so.6: No such file or directory. debug.cmds:1: Error in sourced command file: email debug.log to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Sep 8 20:13:12 PDT 2004: Server restart in 10 seconds ^CWed Sep 8 20:13:14 PDT 2004: Server Quit

I know there was a very long thread on this a while back. But I don't
seem to recall a fix for it.

Any ideas?

-Andy

Micheal Patterson wrote:

FreeBSD will run HLDS and HLDS Src also. Provided that you have
installed linux-base-8 from ports. That port containes the proper
glib component. I'm running both of my servers off of FreeBSD 4.10
currently.

--

Micheal Patterson