Michael McKoy wrote:

I'm not sure why port 27005 is bound. Traditionally this would be the
client port, so the server shouldn't be opening it. I don't know what the
27020 port is but it might be related to the built in HLTV? One of these
ports handles server queries though, I think.

The TCP port is rcon, of course.

Hi,

I've lots of problems with srcds port binding.
I just found that a single srcds process had 3 UDP ports openned.

falcon:~# netstat -ap | grep 9660
tcp      0 0 falcon:27021      *:* LISTEN     9660/srcds_amd
udp 110352 0 falcon:27020      *:*            9660/srcds_amd
udp      0 0 falcon:27021      *:*            9660/srcds_amd
udp      0 0 falcon:27005      *:*            9660/srcds_amd

The port option ont the HL command line is "-port 27021".

Can anyone explain me why the port 27020 is used by the same process ?
Can we disable this?
And the port 27005 ?
I have another server on the port 27020, so that's a problem.

Second thing, when the asked port is in use, I dont want that the srcds
server automatically bind another free port. Is it possible ?
I can't find any benefit from this feature.
If the port 21 is in use, does an FTP server automatically use the port
22 ? :/

Thanks !

--
DjoDjo

.

This is what I get on a windows box :
TCP    x.x.x.x:27015      0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
UDP    0.0.0.0:27005          *:*
UDP    0.0.0.0:27007          *:*
UDP    0.0.0.0:27015          *:*
UDP    0.0.0.0:27020          *:*

The TCP is for RCON, but the rest - Not a clue.