I think this is related to a general STEAM glitch where the player is
not always immediately identified on entering the game. For a few
minutes some players will show as UNKNOWN, but eventually their ID shows
up. I see this using HLSW too, and in all HL mods.

ranger wrote:
Hi,

during the CSS Beta i could bann TA/TK and with "writeid" the SteamID's were
saved into the banned_user.cfg
But now, in the banned_user.cfg there are this entries !!?

banid 0 UNKNOWN
banid 0 UNKNOWN

Has been something changed?

thx