Ack! I would normally place "You've got to be kidding me!" here but I know
that you're not. From a security stand point, let's put this all together.

1. Requires root access via ssh.
2. Globals on.
3. Httpd user with a shell.
4. GCP software directory mode 777

There's enough problems with compromised systems due to operator error
alone, alone actually placing your system in an insecure and compromisable
position simply to run this software. From your message, it's readily
apparent to me, that this is not something that you would want to run on a
system that requires some sort of security from remote access. There's no
reason, whatsoever, that the httpd user should require a shell. Why not just
chmod 777 / and chroot anon ftp users to / and get the job over with that
much faster?

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.