Jason Weisberger wrote:

Thanks m0gely for tying to make me look like an asshole without knowing
what you're talking about.  HL Protocol requires that you also install a
client portion for it to work, consiquently, most people do not use HL
Protocol.  Now that Steam protocol is out and about, I'm sure people
will use it more and more.  It seems as though only the hardcore CS
Sysadmins knew about HL Protocol.  Yes, people have wanted this for
years in CS, however, as usual with a younger gaming community, people
are often too lazy to take initiative.

You evidently don't need my help. Look, I took your comment as; why use this when other software has been out? If you want to keep using a tool/protocol that requires your potential players to have to download a 3rd party app then no one here is stopping you. Thats what you meant right? Because that's what you said as I read it. My point was this works and doesn't require any extra apps. You just said the same thing so what are we arguing about? Forget it, I don't care.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/