I have not seen this happen on my linux server though. Is this worse on
a win32 machine?

-Andy

ironchef wrote:

Andy Shinn wrote:

I dont know who or how it was done too me. But after an argument with
another player he told me something like "How bout this bug?" and
suddenly I couldn't move at all and eventually timed out.

It's been posted about a couple times already, either on this list or HLDS. Players are running scripts that just change their name many many times in rapid succession, either causing an overflow for the server, or causing it to consume so many resources that everything edges to a horrible crawl. We've seen it a couple times (Win32), and the only way to recover was to kill the server process and restart it.

--
ironchef
http://dexworld.org/