Just by typing /lib/libc.so.6 at the command prompt, I believe, if you're
running Linux will generate that. If you're running FreeBSD, you have a
different method.

$ strings /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6|more

Then hit /GNU and you should see:

GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7).
Compiled on a Linux 2.4.9-9 system on 2003-11-05.
Available extensions:
        GNU libio by Per Bothner
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
        The C stubs add-on version 2.1.2.
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
        Glibc-2.0 compatibility add-on by Cristian Gafton
        libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.