----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian A. Stumm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 6:19 PM Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] hlds on P3 800

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, m0gely wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Was that really checked when it was under a high load?  You can just
> "run" a server with no one on it to give the illusion of that 5% usage
> if thats when it was tested.

Most likely he is running a 2.4.19 (IIRC) kernel.  In the past there
have been large discussions regarding the wildly inaccurate range of CPU
loads with hlds under linux.  An 800MHz machine would handle a 12 player
server fine but 5% isn't correct that much is certain.

Actually, yes, I wasn't thinking when I said 5%, that is with just a few
players. An 800MHz will run at 20% or so with 12 players. It still screams
:)  Depends, or course, on the mod, I was using OP4 and Valve on that box.