Umm...yes it would affect online play if you read my original
post.This allows people to play HL2 online (ie Source) without logging
on via Steam...which means that apart from banning via IP - it would
be nearly impossible to admin. This is the ONLY reason why I brought
this up - not just for valve to fix but for other admins to be aware
of what could happen on their server.