#1) VALVe isn't requiring you to use your CD/DVD to play retail CSS/HL2.
Vivendi is. Should have bought it on Steam.

#2) I have no memory leaks in CSS. My servers never go up or down in
memory usage, always less than CS 1.6, which I have to restart daily to
avoid having it eat every last bit of RAM. CSS doesn't have memory leaks..
At least not on Debian 3.1

#3) Ironically, I also see the solid 80fps / solid 45fps thing. My fps is
always steady pretty much.. it never jumps about. Its either 85 solid
(vsync), or 45 solid. Never wavers. Something seems odd about that, I've
heard other people report it too.