This chance is as remote as the chance of the banned user returning to your
server in a future with the same IP he was banned before. You are more likely
banning legit users trying to connect with such bad luck to have one of this
IP's instead of the original cheater.

Temporal banning should be used in case of dynamic IP addresses, not permanent.
One day would be fine for example.

--
PiTaGoRaS