We have our server running C-D and HLG instead of VAC and it's been great.
We use an AMX mediator script to allow only a specifc k/d ratio or lower
before the Steam ID is kicked, logged and required to run C-D before
returning.  Then we have HLG scripts to look for specific clan names or
cheat script player name variations.  We have a great crowd of regulars and
new folks usually stay.  Only really good players need C-D on our server and
they usually don't mind using it at all.  Come by and check it out !  CS 1.6
@ 67.19.212.250:27017 |cGc|Server1 CS CD-Moderated.

Regards,
Bone

http://www.cs-collective.com