Do I need to edit the localhost ip or add another line ?  TIA
----- Original Message -----
From: "PiTaGoRaS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] RE: [hlds] Counter-Strike Source update (temp fix)

Ok, I've been able to at least start my servers and are working fine.

To sort the 127.0.0.1 issue, just use the old /etc/hosts trick and assign
the ip address you need to the machine hostname. For example, our test
server looks like

192.168.2.101 XGALinux

So srcds will use that IP instead of 127.0.0.1. Change to suit your needs.
If you need to use aliased ip's bad luck, you'll have to wait to valve's
patch.

And in order to solve the port issue, if you use the standard ports 27015,
27016, etc just start your servers in ascending order. The source engine
will firts try to bind to the port 27015 and if used will try the next, and
the next, etc.

--
PiTaGoRaS