Hi folks.

I have been running an hlds/srcds server on my FreeBSD box for some time
now, and until recently had no problems.

Now the steam binary has been crashing very often when attempting to update
the game server content.

Here's what the crash looks like:

% ./steam -command update -dir . -game hl2mp
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Logging in as 'xxxxxxxxxxx'.
Checking/Installing 'Half-Life 2 Deathmatch' version 4

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Materials' version 3

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Models' version 3

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Sounds' version 3

Updating 'Linux Source HLDS' from version 21 to version 22

DebugAssert
Expr: ( close( m_pImpl->m_Socket ) ) == 0
Line: 582
File: ../Engine/Src/ContentServerBlockingConnection.cpp
zsh: abort (core dumped)  ./steam -command update -dir . -game hl2mp

I have to re-run the command a LOT of times (usually more than 10) before
it will successfully run all the way through and update properly.

I'm running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p1 on a dual PIII, 1.13GHz with 1Gb RAM.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks.

Jason