and you can't really compare it to the older versions of CS, the
engine is drastically different and so is the server. We ran a 14 or
16 player server on an old 464MHz celeron (yeah, 300a overclocked,
those were the days! haha) and it was fine, though right at its
limits. A CSS server needs way more CPU than a CS server does.

--
Clayton Macleod