On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > rl -- RealTek 8129/8139 Fast Ethernet device driver
> >
> Not to offend anyone using or having written the 'rl' driver for FreeBSD,
> but I'd suspect and replace any realtech based card with an Intel based
> card.
> It is possible you had a faulty NIC, but I can tell you that I've gotten
> far better performance from an 'fxp' as compared to a 'rl' based card.
> I have several FreeBSD servers running UT2K and SOF2, and have never had
> any problem with their Intel based NICs. I have had problems with realtech
> based NICs.
> Bottom line, replace that bad Intel NIC with another good card, not one
> that is  of lower quality.

The problem is that I see chokespikes on many of the server, if not all.
They either run bge or fxp. I will get an em NIC available later and will
test that card instead. afaik em is not a miibus card as bge and fxp are.
I dont know if it will change anything with other NIC, but I am willing to
try.

/Bjorn

--

"Before you criticize a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, you are a mile away from him. And you've got his shoes."