On 11/02/2005 11:27 a.m., Greg Green wrote:
Hey people,
Basically im getting "warping" lag on some of my servers

Are you sure it's your server and not your client?

Not sure if it's the same thing you're seeing but I see jerkiness in HL2
when the client's cl_updaterate exceeds its FPS. Since even high end PCs
seem to struggle to exceed 40-60fps in CS:Source*, you have to be
careful setting cl_updaterate too high or you get this jerkiness.
Setting cl_updaterate (and cl_cmdrate) to a low value like 30 eliminates
the jerkiness (but obviously increases perceived lag).

* At least, mine does... P4 3.2GHz, 2GB DDR533, PCIe X800 XT 256MB...
FPS averages 60, sometimes dropping as low as 30. Although it's not
limited at all (by vsync or fps_max) as it can go over 100 if I look
into a corner. Is it just me?

-Simon