Hi,

using Debian with the 2.6.10 Kernel. I set tickrate to 66 ! The pings are
better and the CPU Usage with a full 16 Slots Server is max. ~20% at all
maps ! XP 2800+ Barton, 1 GB RAM .

----- Original Message ----- From: "richy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "hlds linux" <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com> Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 1:16 PM Subject: [hlds_linux] CPU Usage with higher tickrate

Hi
I am seeing a huge CPU usage increase with higher tickrates.
I have a 64bit Opteron 250 with 1GB Ram with nothing else running bar 1
CSS server running de_train.Tickrate of 66 and 14 players and the CPU
maxes out meaning that when players spawn there is a severe stuttering.

I would like to run tickrate at 60-100 but CPU overhead is insane.
(Although bullet reg is amazing).
Anyone else with similar problems?

Richy