Original message from aXeR:

> How do you mean?
> WriteID in server.cfg and banned_usr.cfg in autoexec?

I'm not sure why you would want writeid at all.  If you are using a mod,
it should execute this after adding a ban to memory.

If you put "exec banned_user.cfg" in cstrike/cfg/autoexec.cfg, it will
load the banlist when the server starts and those bans will stay in
memory until the server quits, hence no need to put it in server.cfg
(which is executed after each mapchange).

If you ever execute "writeid" when there are no bans in memory, it will
overwrite the banned_user.cfg file with an empty one, which sounds like
what you are experiencing.

Chris