-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Jones
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:12 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Cvar Lockdown Request

I'm not satisfied with this "lockdown".  I see plenty of players that
set their cmdrate to 10 and their rate to 20,000.  They skip around.
This may be only to players that set smooth and interpolate to 0, but
that is many players.  It also sets an artificial ping time that avoids
high-ping kickers.  For both these reasons it is an exploit in my
opinion.

The server should be able to set min/max values for all of these
settings (rate, cmdrate, and their upstream equivalents) appropriate to
what sort of gamplay they expect, without having to use third-party
addons that adjust it.  I'm tired of someone with a bogus ping of 5 who
is impossible to hit while moving --  because they can adjust these
cvars against everyone's best interest.

In the end, it's just another thing -- among many -- that makes the role
of admin on a public server a nuisance.

--
Chris