Ook wrote:
This is more of a linux question then a hlds question, but it has to do
with
running hlds. If I SSH into my linux box and from that session start HLDS
(which seems to work well so far), if I disconnect that SSH session, will
hlds continue to run, or will it terminate? If the latter, is there a
way to
start HLDS from a SSH session?

You need "screen". Basically you run a screen session which starts a terminal that you can attach and detach from. You run hlds/srcds in that.

This starts a screen session and names it hlds:
screen -S hlds

To detach from it, do ctrl+a then d

This will reattach to the screen session:
screen -r hlds

I get it, and that seems to work fine. In fact, I can connect to the session from the box itself as well as a SSH session, which would have been my next question. Great, thanks!!