-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ben H.
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:48 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] New to linux servers, need help

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -- [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Im new to the whole linux server world and have set up a box running Fedora 3 and have SELinux enabled. I believe i have installed it correctly. Every thing is installed in a directory in the home folder of an account i made f= or it. I am now stuck with a few questions. 1) should it be where it is or in someother directory? 2) What command line do I run to start it properly? and 3) Is there anything extra i have to do to ensure this runs properly?

I have tried RTFM'ing but cant find many good things out there for FC3. The
IT is HLDS for HL1, im trying to set it up to run regular old CS, not
source. I have a DLink router that is set to DMZ for the server's IP, i
believe i forwarded the ports by adding them to the "Other Ports" thing in
Sercity Level. I have Metamod and AMXMODX install properly i believe. i
havnt really played with any config files however. I tryed running
"./hlds_run +sv_lan 0 -game cstrike -autoupdate +ip 172.101.0.10 (lan ip of
server) Should that be the wan ip? It seems to start off alright but gets
stuck after it has downloaded the security thing from speakeasy.net n the
server is secure.

And i have tryed googling for help and http://server.counter-strike.net/ but
still am getting stuck thats why i have turned to you guys.

Do you guys have any idea of whats getting stuck? should i try removing the
mods n running it then adding them later? Any and all help is greatly
appreciated. thank you

Ben H.