VAC for 1.6 is not useful for stopping hackers as it has not been
updated in months.  Use hlguard(thezproject.org) or C-D or
something else..:)

Pawel Dziekonski wrote:

hi,

Another very frustrating problem. I use hlds_run with auto-restarting
enabled. every time it goes up after a crash hlds does not load VAC and
server is not secure. is there a way to force it to be secure or dead?

thanks in advance, P

--
Pawel Dziekonski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Wroclaw Centre for Networking & Supercomputing, HPC Department

-- Computer House Calls, Networks, Security, Web Design: http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com What businesses are in Brunswick, Maryland? Check Brunswick First! http://www.checkbrunswickfirst.com My "Foundation" verse: Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: