-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
(Deacon)
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:20 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] VALVe getting critism from 3 sides for
blocking the "fancy menu hack"

In a bold display of creativity, Brian J. holmes wrote:
> A "hack" is a funny thing to call a user message nicely documented in
> cl_dll/menu.cpp.

A set of functionality existed for a particular, obscure purpose.  To
use that functionality in going way above and beyond its intended
use--indeed, it was a temporary thing to begin with--and to base your
plugins on that code is considered a hack.  Not necessarily a cheating
hack.  Just a use of code in an unintended fashion.  I swear to god,
some of you guys are such childish little assholes.  You ought to go
into politics where such cattiness is appreciated.

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)