my experience with 64bit intels suggest that its rather a pointless
addition.
Personally I'd go option #4 which is sell it and get some real 64 bitters,
but its probably too late for that now.

My choice would be between option 1 which is a known thing, and option 3
which is somewhat unpredictable, (and based around what I've seen with
intel and 64 possibly not super stable (not enuff dev yet)) with minimal
performance advantage.

Matt

We just bought a new Dell 1425 with Dual 64bit Xeon Proc's, and are
wondering what the best option would be.  I can think of 3 options, but
if
there are others, feel free to point them out to me...

1)install 32bit OS using Steam
2)install 64bit OS, with a nested 32bit chroot with Steam
3)install 64bit OS and run 64bit Binaries.  (I've heard mention of them,
but not sure where to find or if they are still avail)

The box will just be for CS:S and future 64bit games.

Linux distro is Gentoo.

If anyone has good/bad experiences, please let me know.