-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Maarten van
der Zwaart
Sent: Monday, 13 June 2005 6:26 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Steam Update - Segment Faults

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 04:23:22PM +1000, Tristan Morris wrote:
> Well this is quite an annoying problem, and seams hard to work around.
When
> I try and execute ./steam returns the error Segmentation Fault. I have
> downloaded other versions and versions from other machines.

I'm not sure if it works in this case, but sometimes it helps to remove
the ~/.steam/ directory. (That is the hidden directory 'dot' steam in
the home directory.) It's possible this file has been corrupted in some
way that causes the update tool to crash.

Maarten