Rcon works using TCP on the game port.
In your case TCP on 27035

use

netstat -nlp | grep srcd

and you'll se the used ports and protocol

At 08.31 16/06/2005, you wrote:
Hi list!

I'm still having problems using rcon.
Below are all(I think) relevant details.

What port does srcds use for rcon? TCP or UDP

I'm running multiple instances of hlds with no problems whatsoever.

Error:

] rcon_address
"rcon_address" = ""
 - Address of remote server if sending unconnected rcon commands (format
x.x.x.x:p)
] rcon_password ******
] rcon stats
Unable to connect to remote server (***.***.***.***:27035)

command line:
 (I use a script and screen, but that's not the point here. The server
starts fine and everybody who ever tried can connect)

./srcds_run -game cstrike +ip xxx.yyy.zzz.qqq +port 27035 +exec server.cfg
+maxplayers 16 +map de_aztec -autoupdate -noipx -tos

(I have used both +port and -port no difference detected, same goes for ip.)

Server.cfg:
hostname "#oldboys.dk Source 1"

// rcon passsword
rcon_password "*******"