Hello.  Please read this carefully it is a very confusing situation.  I own
a game server hosting company and this one server is really starting to be a
problem.  Its a 20 man dod server on an amd64 processor that isnt using an
amd 64 bit kernel (linux).

The box is a Windows 2003 install, with virtual server running the linux
"server" inside of that.

The problem is the server will run fine for ever, you can play in it you can
do everything, but randomly it will time out on the game server list built
into steam, and my hlsw.  But the people that were playing it it continue to
play just fine.  Just no one can find the server.  It doesnt have to have
people in it to time out.

If I start the server before I go to bed, and then when I wake up look for
server on list it will be there.  But then 15 mins later it will be down
and wont ever come back.

Once in a while I go into console while its timed out to the server
browswers, and change maps.  It comes back on server list for 5 - 10 mins
(its random) and then goes back into timeout.

I tried starting it witn -binary ./hlds_amd and ./hlds_i686   still times
out randomly.
I tried addins some setmasters to no help.  I even put the setmasters add in
autoexec.cfg

I really need some help here.  Is it the windows box doing some dos attack
protection?  (like its being pinged to much on that port and shutting it
down?)

Wow  while I Was typing this email the sever  started responsing to hlsw and
steam server locator.  I wanted to see if it restarted so I typed stats and
it has been up for 805 mins,  so it must have been an auto map change.
Yeah its back down again.  :0(

Its a stock 2003 install, and I know its not a problem with the hlds install
becuase I did to installs.  One fresh ./steam -update install and one I
coppied from another working dod server of mine.

Please help me with any information you can thanks so much.