You should run whatever you think is the best. :) Don't run what others
tell you, because if it doesn't
"Pan out" you can't blame anyone but yourself.

At 02:02 AM 6/25/2005, Andrew Forsberg wrote:

you HAVE to run it like that?

May I ask why?

He's being held hostage by a slightly MS-brainwashed penguin that can't make
up it's mind on OS?
Run linux!
no, windows!
no, linux!
no, windows!

Seriously, this sounds like the "worst of both worlds" solution. Why in
$DIETY's name would you run any server app in a virtual machine when the
actual box is totally available to you?
If you want to run linux, install linux on the damn box!! If you want to run
windows, run the windows version of the app!!

I'm thinking he's running it that way because he's reselling virtual
servers, and a number of customers are insisting on having linux
servers. Rather than get a second machine that is running linux he's
trying to run both win hlds and linux hlds from the same windows box.

Worst of both worlds, but at least the punter can say 'I've a
linux-based gaming server'.

Groan.