Ok, think we're getting somewhere a bit better now. I will disagree
though, load should be on the list of concerns. If you have a load of
5 on a gameserver box, you should be looking as to whats happening as
they may be having problems.

I.e you don't use load to tell you about your cpu, you use load to
tell you about how your system is currently working, and you have to
take into consideration how many active processes you have when
looking at the value.

I.e two scenarios, lets say we have 4 gameservers on a single cpu
machine, and currently is using 30% cpu in total and a load of 4. I'd
be worried as the servers may not be performing that well, chances are
some would be complaining of lag and hitching. At the same time you
could have 4 servers using 75% cpu and a load of 1. This I'd be a lot
less worried about (but would be watching closely) and gameservers
would generally be performing better than the previous scenario.