In a bold display of creativity, Steve Dalberg wrote:
Wow Eric, you are helpful..

Thanks ;)

As to "just do what he said" I would, but first I would like to
understand it...

Hell, that's how I started learning computers in general and Linux in
particular.  Trust what people say, follow it, and find out WHY they
said it when it's all running great.

I admit to being ignorant on this topic, which is why I asked the
question.  If you can't handle people asking questions, even ones you
consider dumb, I recommend you discontinue using mailing lists, and
possibly the Internet as a whole.

While I am thoroughly enthralled by your advice, I'd remind you that I
don't know what net_rate does either, but I'll still change it as per
Alfred's request when he asks us to do so for troubleshooting purposes.
 Understand it or not, I can evaluate the results and report back,
which is what is needed, here.

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)