On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 09:36 +0200, Christian Ingholt wrote:
> Hi Andrew, its looks nice.
>
> I run dual exon 3.2 2gb mem and sata 8mb cache HDD´s in raid on a
> Fedora(32bit) core 3 disp(also striped down) but i get choke and laggy and
> extreme cpu usage if i run a tickrate 100 server with the CAL or Clanbase
> server.cfg settings.
>
> Can U plz post your server.cfg and also state your ticrate or other
> commandline cvars your running so i can test it on my set up ?, I woud
> proberly make my day :D
>
> best regards
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Honestly, I just followed Alfred's advice, and commented out / deleted
everything rate related. Here's the server.cfg for one CSS server:

-----------------------------
hostname "............."
rcon_password .........

exec mani_server.cfg

sv_downloadurl "..............."

sv_alltalk 1
sv_logbans 1
log 1

mp_timelimit 20
sv_airaccelerate 10
sv_gravity 800
mp_friendlyfire 0
mp_flashlight 1
mp_startmoney 800
mp_freezetime 0

//sv_maxrate 12000
sv_region 5

mani_autobalance_teams 1

//fps_max 500

The air accelerate and gravity settings are there because there are a
few surf and fun maps in the cycle. They have custom settings which need
to be overridden each map change. Won't bore you with the details.

Seriously, there's nothing fancy, I just stripped out all the rates, all
the fps settings, and that's that. I've left maxrate and fps_max in
there, but commented out, for future reference.

Cheers & GL,
Anders