Yeah, there is. We've played with it before during a tournament - using
multicast between our HLTV proxy and DSL users connected to our upstream, the
bandwidth saved was barely noticeable.

Like I said before I can only really see this working with an enormous viewer
base - and even then you could try something like anycast if HLTV was modified
so that it just streamed out the video rather than allowing chat and so on too.
Anycast is a slightly more possible solution, and it is already used here in
New Zealand for a few applications.

-Scott