FWIW: rsync on an IDE is not a good idea, IDE disks don't support
disconnected writes, only disconnected reads are supported, which is
a significant performance bottleneck when you write to disk..

Just write a bash/perl script to install -c them.

for i in . do { install -c .. } ... etc

At 04:15 PM 7/22/2005, e-Plutonia wrote:
rsync it from a master distribution, verses an update.

On 7/22/05, Daniel Grapatin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ok.. but it remains my problem with the gaming content (custom maps).
> The users should have their own map directories to install custom maps.
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
> > You can use the same binaries for multiple instances.  What I would do is
> > install HLDS in a directory the users don't have access to, and specify
> > the config file from each users home directory, that is, if you
think they
> > need access to config files...
> >

> > On Friday, July 22, 2005 11:47 am, Daniel Grapatin said:
> >
> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>I am quite new to HLDS and was wondering if you could give me some hints
> >>  on my problem..
> >>
> >>I have, lets say 3 system Users on /home/user1, /home/user2 and
> >>/home/user3. Each of them should be able to run a HLDS with it's own
> >>maps, configurations etc.
> >>
> >>What i was wondering about is if i have to give every user it's own
> >>complete HLDS installation or if it is somehow possible to have a master
> >>installation with just different map/config directories.
> >>
> >>It came to my mind that if i need a complete installation for every user
> >>it would become quite a mess if there are HLDS updates. Every user would
> >>waste bandwith again and again just to always get the same files..
> >>
> >>So, is there any way of "linking" the users hlds to a master
> >>installation? How are the bigger Gameserver Provider doing it?
> >>
> >>Thanks in advance for any help.. :)
> >>
> >>greetings, Daniel!

> > !DSPAM:42e14bbd182981319094352!

DJ Fadyeyev